Gough Street & S Patterson Park Avenue, just inside the park
GPS: 39° 17′ 17.78″ N 76° 35′ 1.54″ W
Given to the City by the United Singers of Baltimore in 1915, the Conradin Kreutzer statue was won, by the group, in a singing contest that same year. Saengerfest, a German cultural event American communities have been celebrating since 1849, focuses primarily on choral performances. In 1900, the same group won first prize, receiving the Wagner bust now placed in Druid Hill Park. Both pieces were created by R P Golde, a German sculptor who lived in New York City.
Following the trail south from the observatory, the Kreutzer monument is about one city block on the right. The inscription on the pedestal’s front reads: “Conradin Kreutzer, First City Prize won the the United Singers at the 24th National Saengerfest.” The winning song was written by F Langer.