Monument City Blog

Branches of Baltimore History

Remington-Wyman WWII Servicemen Memorial

with one comment

This servicemen memorial was created in honor of those lost during World War II from the Remington / Wyman area neighborhoods.  Erected in 1945, the stone structure stands on the western end of Johns Hopkins Homewood campus near the edge of Remington. Affixed to the stone structure’s backside is a plaque with the names of the fallen soldiers. Edward Berge‘s Chapin Harris Monument is just south on Wyman Park Drive.

Written by monumentcity

June 21st, 2009 at 9:48 am