Monument City Blog

Branches of Baltimore History

The Severn Building in Mount Vernon

without comments

The Severn Building was constructed in 1895. Designed by Charles E. Cassell, the Renaissance Revival style apartment building is located on the corner of Cathedral Street and West Mount Vernon Place. Cassell also designed the Stafford Hotel on the north side of the Washington Monument. The Severn was purchased by the Caplan family in 1976 and underwent a full rehabilitation in 2007. The Military Courage statue is directly in front the historic structure.

Written by monumentcity

July 17th, 2009 at 9:25 am