Behind Druid Hill Park’s Conservatory & Botanic Gardens is a little used path that once lead to the Music Pavilion. The Promenade (conceptualized by the Olmsted Brothers) was a central feature of the city’s largest and best park, a place where patrons could gather and listen to music by either traveling acts or the park’s string band. The former yellow brick path, once lined with comfortable benches and well-maintained landscaping, is now a parking lot for the conservatory’s workers. The mall’s Moorish style pavilion was designed by George Aloysius Frederick and completed in 1865. The Gazebo eventually fell into disrepair and was torn down in 1961.